Bringing new innovations to the market; that is the challenge that we, together with researchers from Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht, face every day at Utrecht Holdings. The goal of our team of 15 expert and enthusiastic employees, is to maximize the impact of academic research on people, society and the (local) economy.
Would you like to work in a dynamic environment, where you have to apply your knowledge, experience and interpersonal skills to achieve these goals? Then we are looking for you!
Utrecht Holdings is the knowledge transfer office and investment company of Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht. Both organizations have the following key tasks: education, research, patient care and knowledge valorization. Utrecht Holdings supports this last task by commercializing academic research results and bringing them closer to everyday society.
We support scientists with patenting their inventions and licensing to commercial parties. Our focus is on Life Sciences, Digital Innovations and Sustainability. We regularly spinoff companies originating from both knowledge institutions. Finally, we invest in promising startups with the goal to support them through early stage development. One of our funds is the Utrecht Health Seed Fund, a € 5.4 M fund, dedicated to investing in early stage startups, innovating in the field of Life Sciences & Health.
We are seeking a highly motivated and analytical Investment Analyst to join our team. The Analyst will play a critical role in supporting our business development & investment team in evaluating and executing investment opportunities. The successful candidate for this role will have an understanding of (especially) the Life Sciences & Health industry, strong analytical skills and a self-starting attitude. They will be able to analyze market and company information, as well as our investment and business processes and identify potential areas of improvement. They will also be able to work independently while collaborating effectively with our finance-, IP- and legal officers.
- Conduct in-depth research on market trends, technologies and competitive landscape in the Life Sciences & Health Industry;
- Identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities, including performing due diligence on potential portfolio companies;
- Build financial models and perform valuation analysis to support investment decisions;
- Prepare investment memos and other materials for internal and external stakeholders;
- Monitor and analyze portfolio company performance and market developments;
- Work with portfolio companies to provide strategic and operational support, leveraging our network and resources to help them achieve their goals; and
- Provide management with relevant and concise information and analyses.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as Life Sciences or other exact science;
- 1-3 years of experience in the pharma/biotech industry, investment banking, consulting, or a related field;
- Strong understanding of the key players, market trends and regulatory landscape in the Life Sciences & Health industry;
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-starting attitude, team spirit.
- A professional learning- and work environment, a great and diverse team of colleagues and an excellent salary and benefits conform the collective labor agreement of the UMCU; and
- An inspiring role that generates impact and the chance to shape the world of tomorrow, collaborating with top-level scientists and entrepreneurs.
Additional information and hiring process
For more information about this role, feel free to contact Timo Koopmans (investmentmanager) email@example.com or Gertine van der Vliet, director Utrecht Holdings, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by phone: 085 0876369.
We would like to receive your CV and motivation letter by 12 May, via email, to: email@example.com. Selection interviews are scheduled for 16 and 17 May.
Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.